I specialize in woodwind doubling. I understand what it takes to play more than one instrument proficiently and effectively. I can explain the similarities and differences between the instruments and help you determine the most effective practice routine.
I’ve helped countless students pick up additional instruments. There are a number of reasons for taking up another instrument, but whatever the reasons, I can help you achieve your goals!
What Doubling Lessons will cover:
- What is Doubling and Why Double?
- How to Practice Doubling
- Suggestions and Tips to Help You
- Exercises, Literature, Songs, and Improv to do on the different instruments.
- Doubling Logistics – Reeds, Set-ups, maintenance, etc.
Doublers Resources – Books, Blogs, and Websites
- Doublers Collective – www.doublerscollective.com
- Bret Pimentel – fantastic resource on all things woodwind doubling, including links, posts, info on doubling and doublers, etc – http://bretpimentel.com
- Improve Your Doubling – Advanced Studies for Doublers (Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute) by Chris Vadala